Rich and I were able to make the trip out to Indianapolis this year to support the band and for the National competition. We booked our hotel the previous February, before anyone knew where the highschool band would be staying. We found out in August that the band was staying at the same hotel as we were. When we went to check in and then checked in with the girls... imagine our surprise that they were on the same floor... and same hallway as we were! lol! crazy how things work sometimes. Hey if I'm going to be in a hotel with hundreds of highschool kids... I'd rather be in the one with the kids I know. :)
We had a great time watching and supporting the band- even though we both were sick and fighting colds for the entire trip... so we went and watched, then went back to the hotel and napped, and repeat, for the three days we were there. :)
We flew home on Rich's birthday... with about 2 hours of sleep the night before... I knew it would be a crazy long day... so I prepped all the parts of the cake before the trip, and just had to pull them out of the freezer and assemble it... :)
and a funny picture from the guys that unloaded the semi trucks when they made it back from Indy... our band director's last name is Perez.
We had a great time watching and supporting the band- even though we both were sick and fighting colds for the entire trip... so we went and watched, then went back to the hotel and napped, and repeat, for the three days we were there. :)
We flew home on Rich's birthday... with about 2 hours of sleep the night before... I knew it would be a crazy long day... so I prepped all the parts of the cake before the trip, and just had to pull them out of the freezer and assemble it... :)
and a funny picture from the guys that unloaded the semi trucks when they made it back from Indy... our band director's last name is Perez.










Comments