Our Fall of 2019 was busy again. Alyssa and Angela started Summer Band Camp before school started.
Alyssa turned 16 and got her drivers license. Ashley and Rich went and picked out a car that Ashley is buying (with some help from us) so the kids car she had been driving could be passed down to Alyssa to use.
Ashley and I flew out to Utah and attended my sister Susan's wedding. It was a beautiful day and we had a very busy but fun trip out there. We were able to squeeze in a few visits with friends as well.
School started, and after last year's full crazy schedule, this year I found I had a lot more free time with both Angela and Alyssa ending their days at the same school.
Ashley moved from the dorms into an apartment in San Antonio. She loved being able to have a full kitchen and more freedom over food/meal choices. Ashley started a new job as a medical coder at the hospital and continued to be fully involved in her classes and clubs at school.
The highschool band had a very fun season. My sewing skills were put into overdrive as I got pulled into the crew that helped fit and size and (alter) the new uniforms for the band to use. Between Band Booster work with concessions, Uniform alterations and sizing, and chaperoning... there were some weeks that I felt I was at the school in band as much or more than the girls were.
Angela got her first color guard stitches... right before the first competition of the season.
Alex surprised me one day by sitting down and sewing the button back on a pair of shorts... I had to snap a picture.
Alex had decided that he needed a break from college and after a few months of applying to places around home, we found out about a program out in Utah that helps with some job training skills. My parents invited Alex to come and live with them so he could participate in the program. I flew out with him and got him set up and helped him navigate the bus system and figure out how to get to and from the job on his own using the city busses.
Alyssa turned 16 and got her drivers license. Ashley and Rich went and picked out a car that Ashley is buying (with some help from us) so the kids car she had been driving could be passed down to Alyssa to use.
Ashley and I flew out to Utah and attended my sister Susan's wedding. It was a beautiful day and we had a very busy but fun trip out there. We were able to squeeze in a few visits with friends as well.
School started, and after last year's full crazy schedule, this year I found I had a lot more free time with both Angela and Alyssa ending their days at the same school.
Ashley moved from the dorms into an apartment in San Antonio. She loved being able to have a full kitchen and more freedom over food/meal choices. Ashley started a new job as a medical coder at the hospital and continued to be fully involved in her classes and clubs at school.
The highschool band had a very fun season. My sewing skills were put into overdrive as I got pulled into the crew that helped fit and size and (alter) the new uniforms for the band to use. Between Band Booster work with concessions, Uniform alterations and sizing, and chaperoning... there were some weeks that I felt I was at the school in band as much or more than the girls were.
Angela got her first color guard stitches... right before the first competition of the season.
Alex surprised me one day by sitting down and sewing the button back on a pair of shorts... I had to snap a picture.
Alex had decided that he needed a break from college and after a few months of applying to places around home, we found out about a program out in Utah that helps with some job training skills. My parents invited Alex to come and live with them so he could participate in the program. I flew out with him and got him set up and helped him navigate the bus system and figure out how to get to and from the job on his own using the city busses.
















Comments