In August Hurricane Harvey wrecked some havoc on our area. Our home was fine with zero damage or even power loss, but many homes nearby were damaged and flooded. The girls and I escaped the weather to visit friends in Oklahoma, but Rich and Alex stayed home to take care of things. They participated in clean up efforts with the Mormon helping hands groups. The next week Alex and I flew out of Dallas instead of Houston and took him out to get situated at BYU Idaho. I was able to take him out and my dad drove up with us to get him settled in his apartment.
Getting back home, I found myself pulled into the marching band boosters organization more. I was chaperoning and helping out with whatever things came up that needed to be dealt with. I was able to travel with the band when they went to Indianapolis that November to participate in the Grand National Competition. It was a huge eye opening exerience that year as i had never done much more than just attending to watch performances before that year.
Ashley and Alyssa both attended Homecoming with groups of friends.
Getting back home, I found myself pulled into the marching band boosters organization more. I was chaperoning and helping out with whatever things came up that needed to be dealt with. I was able to travel with the band when they went to Indianapolis that November to participate in the Grand National Competition. It was a huge eye opening exerience that year as i had never done much more than just attending to watch performances before that year.
Ashley and Alyssa both attended Homecoming with groups of friends.











Comments