We meant to get up bright and early and get to the park at park opening, but we didn't... we slept in yet again. The tragedy of this was that we were not able to ride the Toy Story ride at Hollywood studio's. By the time we got there the line was 110 minutes! As much as I enjoy the ride, no ride is worth waiting in line for almost 2 hours to go on a 2 mintue ride.
We hit Rock-n-Roller coaster first and then Tower of Terror. Alex and Angela stayed behind while Alyssa, Ashley, Rich and I rode the Tower of Terror.
We went to the Stunt show and they were having a bad day. I've never seen them stop the show for technical difficulties before, and this time I think they had 3-4 major technical problems that slowed the show down. It is a very cool look at the precision that the movies put behind special effects though.
The Backlot tour is always a favorite. We love to see the different items they have sitting in the "boneyard" from different movies.
And since we are Indiana Jones Fans, the Indiana Jones stunt show is another favorite of ours.
But my favorite thing of the day was that night. This is the reason I wanted us to take this trip to Disney during the Holiday season. The Osborne Spectacle of Lights. The pictures cannot do it justice and it is so cool and amazing to see this whole city scape lit up and when the music is going and they are all blinking on and off and cue'd to the music perfectly. I loved all the lights, even the lights on the bikes and kids play toys.
I snapped a picture of this on our way out. From what we've read the hat will be taken down in some future improvements. It might be the last time we see it.
We hit Rock-n-Roller coaster first and then Tower of Terror. Alex and Angela stayed behind while Alyssa, Ashley, Rich and I rode the Tower of Terror.
We went to the Stunt show and they were having a bad day. I've never seen them stop the show for technical difficulties before, and this time I think they had 3-4 major technical problems that slowed the show down. It is a very cool look at the precision that the movies put behind special effects though.
The Backlot tour is always a favorite. We love to see the different items they have sitting in the "boneyard" from different movies.
And since we are Indiana Jones Fans, the Indiana Jones stunt show is another favorite of ours.
But my favorite thing of the day was that night. This is the reason I wanted us to take this trip to Disney during the Holiday season. The Osborne Spectacle of Lights. The pictures cannot do it justice and it is so cool and amazing to see this whole city scape lit up and when the music is going and they are all blinking on and off and cue'd to the music perfectly. I loved all the lights, even the lights on the bikes and kids play toys.
I snapped a picture of this on our way out. From what we've read the hat will be taken down in some future improvements. It might be the last time we see it.
After we got back to our hotel Alex reminded us that we hadn't checked out the fireworks from the top of our hotel. There is an observation deck that only those staying at the Hotel can get to and view the fireworks at the magic kingdom with the sound playing on the speakers up there. It was a really neat view. It was freezing cold, but really neat to watch from there.
The next day we woke up, packed up all of our stuff and checked our luggage in at the magical express desk. We dropped our backpacks off with the valet services for us to pick up later before we headed to the airport, and then went over to the Magic Kingdom for a few more hours of fun before we had to leave to the airport. A family picture in front of the castle. Watching the Disney Christmas special being filmed in front of the Castle with some popular teen singers, riding splash mountain again, and a few other rides we had missed before. Alex was feeling sick, so he and Rich took it easy and found some quiet spots while the girls and I hit some of the rides. Then we went back to the hotel, grabbed some snacks for the plane ride home and a light early dinner and waved goodbye to Disney for this trip.
Comments