I've always thought that I would get more into volunteering at the kids school "when the kids were older". I find myself this year in an interesting place, because I do only have one child home during the afternoons, and I am feeling more of a pull towards getting into the school and helping with stuff.
This morning I had the opportunity to go to the school and help inventory the stuff for the school's holiday store. The PTA set's it up and most stuff is $2 or $3 and kids can come in and buy stuff for their family at school and get the satisfaction of christmas shopping for their family without mom or dad having to take them to the store.
We were able to pull everything out and inventory it and restock it more organized onto the shelves in the storage room in just under 2 hours.
It was a productive morning and I'm glad I was able to help. Alyssa and Angela and two other little kids played really well while us mom's were able to go through the stuff.
I hope I can find more ways of doing things, that I can still bring the little kids in tow if I need to.
This morning I had the opportunity to go to the school and help inventory the stuff for the school's holiday store. The PTA set's it up and most stuff is $2 or $3 and kids can come in and buy stuff for their family at school and get the satisfaction of christmas shopping for their family without mom or dad having to take them to the store.
We were able to pull everything out and inventory it and restock it more organized onto the shelves in the storage room in just under 2 hours.
It was a productive morning and I'm glad I was able to help. Alyssa and Angela and two other little kids played really well while us mom's were able to go through the stuff.
I hope I can find more ways of doing things, that I can still bring the little kids in tow if I need to.
Comments