Yesterday Alyssa had a birthday party for a girl in her Kindergarten class. It was at a pumpkin patch, and since it's past halloween, the only people there were those of us there for the party. They had a petting zoo area where kids could pet goats, and horses, and llama's and bunnies. They could go on a pony ride, and play in a giant hay area where there were bales of hay and lots of areas to climb up and down and around in the hay. It was really a lot of fun and since it was just our group there, the kids could run around all over the place.
Alyssa has always been a very cautious girl. She usually doesn't like new situations and is very shy and quiet. So it was surprising to me when she announced to Rich and I that she wanted me to drop her off at the party, and pick her up at the end. Since I don't really know the family of the birthday girl, I wasn't going to drop her off, because I could probably fit the definition of an overprotective mother sometimes, but I told her I would still go and just stay out of her way.
I wound up taking Angela with us and we got there and Alyssa saw one of her friends and took off playing with out a backward glance at Angela and I. She did come back and forth to us throughout the party, but for the most part it was really neat to see how confident she was around her school friends. We also discovered that she prefer's marshmallow's straight out of the bag, to marshmallow's roasted over the fire. She and Angela both didn't like the smoke from the fire at all, and I wound up roasting the hot dogs and marshmallows for both of them while they went and played away from the smoke.
Alyssa has always been a very cautious girl. She usually doesn't like new situations and is very shy and quiet. So it was surprising to me when she announced to Rich and I that she wanted me to drop her off at the party, and pick her up at the end. Since I don't really know the family of the birthday girl, I wasn't going to drop her off, because I could probably fit the definition of an overprotective mother sometimes, but I told her I would still go and just stay out of her way.
I wound up taking Angela with us and we got there and Alyssa saw one of her friends and took off playing with out a backward glance at Angela and I. She did come back and forth to us throughout the party, but for the most part it was really neat to see how confident she was around her school friends. We also discovered that she prefer's marshmallow's straight out of the bag, to marshmallow's roasted over the fire. She and Angela both didn't like the smoke from the fire at all, and I wound up roasting the hot dogs and marshmallows for both of them while they went and played away from the smoke.
Comments