The next few months focused on our kitchen. With the wallpaper removed- Rich skim coated the entire kitchen to repair the walls from where the wallpaper pulled off the top layer of paper on the drywall.
The stud wall in between the kitchen and the living room stayed as a stud wall for a few month while we figured out if we wanted to do the work to frame it- or find someone else to.
The theme of my summer was that I would be gone traveling- taking the girls to visit with friends and family- and Rich would dive into projects at home. Rich started with the flooring in the kitchen- bye bye old work out pine floors!
They went out pretty smoothly- a few hours of hard work and he had everything out through the laundry room.
The next day he rented the concrete polishing machine to grind down the black glue that had been under the wood.
The next day he spent most of the day cleaning from the dust that it kicked up! I was happy to be away from the house during that. :)
With the floors now an unpolished concrete- I decided pretty quickly I would have to find some temporary solutions to keep from walking on the dusty concrete surface all the time.





Comments