I was feeling the need to go and travel a bit so for spring break we packed up the car and headed south for some warmer weather and quality family time.
We had to drive around the downtown area in San Antonio to find a parking spot. We had the luggage carrier on the roof of the car so we had to find parking in an open lot and couldn't use the parking garages. We drove past this old walgreen's store... I thought it was neat it still had the old signs up.
I loved seeing the old tree's and their unique shapes!
The Alamo. It was a bit crowded and busy, but it's always neat to go through and share the history with the kids. They didn't allow photography inside so I couldn't take any pictures of the inside.
It was HOT... the icee vendors were making a good profit and staying busy that day. The kids all enjoyed the sweet and cold treat- and the cups were so big that even loosing the top of one of the icies didn't ruin the moment.
Then we headed down to the riverwalk. I love the riverwalk and could spend hours people watching there- the kids aren't quite as into people watching though so we walked a bit and then took the riverboat tour around. I love the architecture that you can see all along the riverwalk.
At one point the riverwalk connects to a full size mall.
We decided to check out Ripley's believe it or not, and had a great time going through the museum, and then the wax museum afterwards.
The kids loved the torture display...
Ashley met Hannah Montana...
Checked in on Harry Potter and friends with Alyssa,
And Star Trek really is real!
The girls made a speech with the president,
And Alex loved the exhibt about the war's.
On our way back to the car that night we saw a long line on the sidewalk... turns out you can take a Cinderella Carriage ride through the city in her Pumpkin carriage!
We had to drive around the downtown area in San Antonio to find a parking spot. We had the luggage carrier on the roof of the car so we had to find parking in an open lot and couldn't use the parking garages. We drove past this old walgreen's store... I thought it was neat it still had the old signs up.
I loved seeing the old tree's and their unique shapes!
The Alamo. It was a bit crowded and busy, but it's always neat to go through and share the history with the kids. They didn't allow photography inside so I couldn't take any pictures of the inside.
It was HOT... the icee vendors were making a good profit and staying busy that day. The kids all enjoyed the sweet and cold treat- and the cups were so big that even loosing the top of one of the icies didn't ruin the moment.
Then we headed down to the riverwalk. I love the riverwalk and could spend hours people watching there- the kids aren't quite as into people watching though so we walked a bit and then took the riverboat tour around. I love the architecture that you can see all along the riverwalk.
At one point the riverwalk connects to a full size mall.
We decided to check out Ripley's believe it or not, and had a great time going through the museum, and then the wax museum afterwards.
The kids loved the torture display...
Ashley met Hannah Montana...
Checked in on Harry Potter and friends with Alyssa,
And Star Trek really is real!
The girls made a speech with the president,
And Alex loved the exhibt about the war's.
On our way back to the car that night we saw a long line on the sidewalk... turns out you can take a Cinderella Carriage ride through the city in her Pumpkin carriage!
Comments