The kids all loved their teachers this year. They had great teachers that really took the extra time and effort to help the kids excell in their classrooms with whatever little things they needed. I enjoyed the opportunity that I had this year to get into the school and into the classrooms to volunteer and help out at times. I truly felt that our kids had the teachers that were the perfect teachers for each of them this past year. I hope we have the same great luck with teachers next year.
Alex is now graduated from Elementary School. He will be going to middle school next year. They had a great 5th grade party for them. The different classes all made posters for them and posted them on the walls around the school. They have a great tradition at the school and the 5th graders have a "clap out" where they walk through the hallways as the other kids and parents line the hallways and cheer the 5th graders on their accomplishment. Here is Alex with his two best friends- Cole and Charles.
A scene of the hallway waiting for the kids to walk through, and Alex walking by.
Ashley had a great teacher. It was her first year teaching and having her own classroom and she was great! I went out to see her during her 4th grade class party and she marched over and asked me why I was there... I told her I had to get a picture of her with her teacher and then I would leave her alone. :)
Alyssa had the sweetest best teacher for her this year. Alyssa is so painfully shy around others and it takes her a while to warm up to new adults in her life. Her teacher was perfect for her this year. She was warm and loving and took Alyssa under her wing and was the perfect teacher for Alyssa in this transition year from half day kindergarden to full day school. She had a great year and made great friends and loved going to school each day.
Angela had the funnest time in Pre-K this year. She had fun making new friends that were just "her" friends and not just brothers and sisters of her siblings friends or my friends kids. She had two great pre-k teachers that she loved seeing each day and she would just hop out of the car and be excited to get to school.
This picture is so funny to me... because Angela was full of smiles and laughter and happines... and then it was time to go and we were headed to the other kids classes to visit them with their class parties. I asked her if we could take a picture of her with her teachers, and all of a sudden the pouty frowny face came out and she refused to stand and smile with her teachers- so I just went ahead and took a picture of her mid pout. lol!
Comments