Skip to main content

Some catching up...

I've posted a lot about the house, but we did have some fun this summer and fall... working from now- backwards.... :)

Rich's parents - Lewis and Dianne were able to come out and spend a few days with us.  They asked if they could get a family picture (since I've neglected to get one made for years) so they could have a more recent picture of us.

We decided Sunday after church was a good time.  Ashley was gone with band stuff almost the entire time they were here- and Sunday was the only day they got to really see her at all.



Of course when the "big" camera comes out and I leave it on the counter- I always find some "gem's" on it from the girls.

Even one of me... glamorous and all... I think I was either headed to take a nap, or waking up from one... :)

I just liked this picture...


While Lewis and Dianne were here- we were able to go watch Ashley's band perform at a regional competition.

It's considerably larger than the band in Oklahoma-
Filing onto the field:

Ashley is down in there... near the middle:


It's hard to find a specific person amidst the sea of uniforms... but with my zoom lens I was able to get her here.  She's the one right off of the 50 yard line in front.


Since I had the zoom lens on... I couldn't get any full field shots... just partial.


Sunday afternoon the girls also carved pumpkins- a task I'm happy to leave in their hands now.  Years and years of scooping out the goo, and I don't mind them not needing my help with it. :)




Ashley actually had a night with no band practice... and got to go hang out with friends on Halloween- Here's her "80's band nerd alter ego"






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House projects

After a few weeks of Rich working from home, we decided that we needed to do some moving around of stuff in the house.  The exercise equipment needed to be taken out of the office, and we made the decision to dismantle Alex's room since it's downstairs and that would become the new exercise room.  His stuff got packed up, and the room was painted and the treadmill was put into that room (which was a feat of it's own!  It won't come out of that room until we move away, and maybe not even then! lol! The office got a coat of paint as well and two of the bathrooms.  Now the entire house (except for closets) has been painted since we had moved in 3 years before. But then the biggest house project was thought of, and debated and decided on.  We had always said that we would like to redo the kitchen in this house, and decided to tackle the project.  We found cabinets online we liked and worked with a company to decide on our cabinet layout, and we ordered them....

2013 Tour of California: days 12, 13- Six Flags Magic Mountain, Hollywood

Sunday, June 2nd.   After church in Santa Rosa, we made our way south to Six Flags Magic Mountain. Monday, June 3rd.   Ashley had been waiting forever to go to this amusement park.  She is the thrill ride queen and can't ever get enough of the fast crazy rides.  Rich's brother Dave and his family (who the kids and I stayed with on the drive out) drove out from Arizona and joined us as he and Amanda are thrill ride junkies too. :)  We had a great time- so good that I didnt take very many pictures, but we spent two and a half days at Magic Mountain and had fun the whole time. Tuesday, June 4th.   After spending a few more hours at Magic Mountain, we drove down to Hollywood.  We stopped and walked along the walk of fame and found the stars and handprints of famous actors we like.  Most of those pictures are on Ashley's phone, so I'll have to add them later. :) That evening we checked into our home for the next four nights- Disney's Grand California H...

Our Dog Tale...

So... we have spent the last three weeks looking at puppies online, finding one that would be great for our family. We found an adorable little 4 month old black lab from a lab rescue in Tulsa, about an hour and a half drive away. We contacted them, and filled out the adoption application paperwork. Sent pictures of our fenced back yard, and got approved to adopt her. The lab rescue had named her Regina, for their records mainly- they generally called her puppy and girld so that she would easily adapt to a new name. We bought a large crate (she would get big!) and food bowls and a collar, leash and tag for her and on Saturday we drove to Tulsa to pick her up. The lab rescue was doing an adoption fair, so they had all the dogs they were trying to adopt out at a Petsmart and we meet them there. We got there around 1pm. As I was walking over there were a few people asking about a cute little puppy, and I overheard that it was Regina, and she was being adopted... I then said that I was Jul...