The title say's it all... we really did tour California, central, northern and southern. We left on Thursday, May 23rd- and got back on Sunday, June 9th... 18 days full of fun! (This will probably take me a few days to write up everything... keep checking back! :))
Thursday, May 23rd- The kids and I had a goal to leave by 6am... we got on the road by 6:35 which I think was a great accomplishment since I had been up till 1am the night before finishing our packing... without Rich there to prod kids out of bed (and realistically- to prod me out of bed), it was hard to wake up and get going- so the 30 minutes behind schedule was almost miraculous! :)
With just the kids and I in the car it goes pretty smoothly. Alex get's the whole back row to himself and has plenty of space to spread out. Ashley get's to be the food boss up front and pass out snacks to everyone, and Alyssa and Angela get to hang out in the middle and control the movies. We were able to make it to Gilbert Arizona by 6:30 their time.
Friday, May 24th- We took advantage of the great hospitality of Rich's brother Dave and wife Amanda and two kiddo's. We played in the pool, talked, watched tv, played wii, played with Amanda's nieces and nephews that are similar ages to our kids... we just had a fun time hanging out and spending the day with them.
Saturday, May 25th- The kids and I loaded the car back up, and we headed to California. Rich had been at a conference in L.A. that week and we were going to pick him up at the rental car return of one of the airports. I happily slid over to the passengers seat and gave the wheel to Rich for the rest of the drive.
Sunday, May 26th- We visited Sequoyah National Forest and Kings National Forest. To say the Giant Sequoyah's are big is an understatement. It was amazing to walk among the tree's and see them.
Thursday, May 23rd- The kids and I had a goal to leave by 6am... we got on the road by 6:35 which I think was a great accomplishment since I had been up till 1am the night before finishing our packing... without Rich there to prod kids out of bed (and realistically- to prod me out of bed), it was hard to wake up and get going- so the 30 minutes behind schedule was almost miraculous! :)
With just the kids and I in the car it goes pretty smoothly. Alex get's the whole back row to himself and has plenty of space to spread out. Ashley get's to be the food boss up front and pass out snacks to everyone, and Alyssa and Angela get to hang out in the middle and control the movies. We were able to make it to Gilbert Arizona by 6:30 their time.
Friday, May 24th- We took advantage of the great hospitality of Rich's brother Dave and wife Amanda and two kiddo's. We played in the pool, talked, watched tv, played wii, played with Amanda's nieces and nephews that are similar ages to our kids... we just had a fun time hanging out and spending the day with them.
Saturday, May 25th- The kids and I loaded the car back up, and we headed to California. Rich had been at a conference in L.A. that week and we were going to pick him up at the rental car return of one of the airports. I happily slid over to the passengers seat and gave the wheel to Rich for the rest of the drive.
Sunday, May 26th- We visited Sequoyah National Forest and Kings National Forest. To say the Giant Sequoyah's are big is an understatement. It was amazing to walk among the tree's and see them.
Comments