I snapped this picture at 6:30am on our way out of town yesterday morning. Minutes later I turned right, and drove straight through those black dark clouds...
After the storms over the weekend and Monday's F5 everyone in OK is jumpy at the sign of clouds, I do admit I had my phone right there up front with me refreshing the radar and weather feed to make sure they were "safe" clouds as we drove into them.
Our road trips have changed and evolved through the years. I started solo road trips with the kids back when the kids were little... three hours here, four there, seven was really long. As they got older- I got more confident that they wouldn't argue the entire drive. We went 12 hours to visit my sister, and an 18 hour trip split into 10 hours and 8 hours stopping with family for one night.
Yesterday we made a new record- 15 hours in the car with me and my four kids... We did it... it was a long day... and I'm glad today is just time to relax and play with cousins. We'll be happy to join up with Rich tomorrow and continue our road trip- and I'll try and keep this updated along the way.

Comments