I realized the other day I hadn't unloaded photo's off of my camera in awhile. This month has been busy and we have had loads of fun. Here are some of the highlights.
Alyssa wanted floam and goop for her birthday, and was thrilled to finally get some after years of requests mom "forgot" about.
Then a couple days later she gave herself a birthday present- first place in the Butterfly at the all city swim meet! Way to go Alyssa!
Rich's parents came and visited us for a few days right before school started and right before Alex's birthday. I failed to take any pictures while they were here. We didn't do anything special, just spent some time together and talked and played games- a great relaxing visit.
Then we had the first day of school, and Alex's birthday the following day... Lucky for me Alex just wanted a cake with frosting- he didn't have any specific characters or battle scenes he wanted me to duplicate- which was good because that week was so busy with back to school stuff I don't know if I could have found time to make a more difficult cake! lol!
The following weekend was Alyssa's belated birthday party. A few years ago we figured out all her friends are always out of town the first week in August, so we decided to wait and have her party after school had started back up- it has been great for her to be able to invite friends and they are in town, and she is happy to wait 3 weeks to have a better party experience. We did what is becoming our traditional "unslumber" party- pj's, party food, a movie and some fun!
Her movie of choice was "The Lorax" so this was by attempt at a Lorax cake...
We had some technical difficulties with the movie so spent 1/2 an hour doing an impromptu dance party with the help of "Just Dance" on the xbox. :)
We entered the world of School Sports this year. Ashley is running cross country.
She had her first meet last friday and I actually snapped a picture of her smiling before she noticed I had my camera out. lol! :)
Comments